Mossend International Railfreight Park (MIRP) will open up transport and logistics opportunities across Scotland, the UK, and internationally.
There are only a handful of sites in the UK with the potential for an integrated logistics hub of this scale, quality and economic significance in the UK.
For businesses and occupiers, it will facilitate access to zero-carbon supply chain logistics, as well as faster, more efficient and cost-effective movement of goods.
It also supports the Scottish Government’s rail freight strategy and its vision for a competitive rail freight sector to play an increasing role in Scotland’s economic growth.
On a regional level, it represents one of the largest investments by a private sector company ever recorded. It will:
- Make a significant contribution to North Lanarkshire’s economy
- Improve access and delivery times for businesses moving goods
- Remove associated long-distance HGV traffic from the Scottish and UK road network
- Create up to 4,900 construction and operational jobs
- Deliver a sustainable green legacy for Bellshill and North Lanarkshire